View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 06:25 AM   #26
CWtheMan

Looking Back #3

On a summer trip going north to Nova Scotia we took a two-week layover at a family CG in the town of Alfred Maine. It was a sort of base camp because I have family members living in Sanford and Portland, ME. Linda had never been north into Canada, and I wanted her to see the largest tides in the world at the Bay of Fundy. However, it was not to be. Linda’s mother in SC had taken ill and was given a wrong prescription from a pharmacy that would eventually cause her demise.

Never let a family member find a place for you to park your RV, especially someone that is not familiar with RVing. When Linda’s brother called and told us not to worry, he would find us a nice place to park all we told him was it had to be a 50-amp FHU. Well, he found us one about 12 miles from Linda’s mother’s home. Its name would be April Valley CG and it is for seniors. To be honest, it did evolve into a nice quiet place to park, and it’s gated and very safe. Trees were planted around the pond where we parked and have grown into nice shade trees for those that park there. It was in the process of opening, and we were the first RV to park there. A $100.00 a month discount of the prospective monthly fees was offered, and my brother-in-law paid the first month’s rent. It was almost like dry camping. Located far away from busy highways, shopping areas and other home development areas gave us the feeling of being completely isolated. However, there was a nice hilly golf course about 5 miles away and their restaurant (19th hole) served three scheduled meals a day plus snacks for the turn.

The park had a manmade fishing pond that was stocked with pan fish and catfish. There is a mountain stream flowing into a small freshwater pond in the upper section of the park land. Its popular fish is the rainbow trout.

Here are some pictures. It was full summertime and we had zero shade. I would try to keep the black truck cool by parking under nearby pine trees. The owner and his family home are on the park property and acted as the park office while a camp office/store was being built. In the link provided below you can see how it has improved since we were the first to park there. A notation must be made to inform you I was 65 years old when that last picture was taken and learning how to eat ice-cream, crab legs and fried catfish.

https://aprilvalleyrvpark.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 April Valley9.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	41732 Click image for larger version

Name:	1a April Valley6.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	41733

Click image for larger version

Name:	1a1 April Valley12.jpg