View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 06:30 PM   #20
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
As a tech of many years, I can tell you we get NO, ZERO warning or training when a new system is being used, be it leveling, controls ( InCommand, OneTouch,Spyder). It’s all “trial by fire”.
Yes and it’s a sad state of affairs quite frankly.. It puts the RV Tech at a disadvantage with the customers because .. a customer expects their RV to be repaired and repaired quickly.

The point is simple.. it’s the RV Industry’s lack of caring about the customer base .. which includes those like yourself that are making a living repairing for those that can’t..

And when Keystone installs a new hydraulic system like the EQ in its products that have been using Lippert hydraulic systems for the last decade or more it’s poor on their part

Why? Because none of them seem to know Jack about the system and/or won’t share anything about the system and how to work on it.. telling a customer to take their RV to a dealership is a canned answer and the RV repair centers are overrun with backlog work, can’t get parts and can’t get timely authorizations from the warranty dept ..

Personally for me we have bought our last RV.. it will have to last us and I will have to keep it maintained .. not gonna pay the ludicrous prices now for a product that can’t even begin to match the quality of my older unit

but it’s been a most enjoyable experience for the wife and I and when we had kids they enjoyed RVing with us as well ..

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote