View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 07:34 AM   #26
d12j28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
We were talking this morning…I told Betty that this prepping and unloading in 99F is killing me. Maybe we should just travel in the shoulder seasons. She is like OK but I don’t want to freeze like when we went to XXXXX.
So I’m thinking just leave late August and head Northeast. Assuming a destination of say Maine, how late is too late regarding cold temps?
Maine is hard to say in regards to temps. It's been mostly in the 80's during the day and 60's at night during August. However, we stayed in our camper Saturday night (8/27) and at about 6:00 a.m. Sunday morning it was 44. Looking at the next 10 day's it will be in the 50's almost every night. Of course we also had a couple days of 90's and 70 at night. Be prepared for anything up here. Coast is usually cooler than inland during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
We will incorporate the last leg as we head to our FL wintering spot S of Tallahassee. I've seen quite a bit of the E coast in the Carolinas, GA etc. but will spend a bit of time there as we work our way back. The bulk of our time we intend to spend from VA to the N.

I would prefer to travel in the shoulder seasons when kids are in school and crowds are down but it will be hard to do being limited by returning to FL in October. Plus, and others will know this I'm sure, I was told by a guy from this part of the country (not NE) that he was told (I know) when he went to ME in June a couple years back that he was there at about the best time for lobster....I don't have any idea. Getting my folder together and got a Garmin RV GPS sitting waiting for me to hit the order button.

Of course you would know that DS called this morning and advised he has prostate cancer and they can't/won't operate on him due to severe heart damage so we'll have to see how that plays out. I'm still going to make my plans though.
Honestly lobster is good up here anytime of the year. They do catch the most from around June to December but they still catch them year round.

There, my first post and it's a double quote.