View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 07:29 PM   #90
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar25 View Post
Hi Scott

First, I carry two e-bikes on a "trailer approved" bike rack on the back of the camper. So that's probably 140 pounds counting the rack. (The batteries are in the camper). Inside the camper, we typically carry 6-8 gallons of fresh water in 1 gallons jugs. Those are under the dinette on the door side. Along the back, we have a couple of heavy backup power cables, and a set of free weights. On the road side, we have the ice maker and probably a couple of handles of booze. If I don't like what I see on the gauge, I also put some patio blocks along the rear wall of the dinette storage.

Up front we threw that joke of a mattress away the day we got home and put in a Brooklyn Bedding 110 pound mattress. So that changed things a bit. I also built slide out drawers into the underbed storage so that added some pounds. We have two 30 pound propane tanks, one battery, and a second A/C.

BTW I use both Better Weigh, and I have a Sherline LM 2000. I'm extremely careful to monitor the tongue weight so that I stay within the payload limits of the TV.
I'm having a bit of a conundrum trying to understand how you're helping the lack of tow vehicle payload by adding free weights, patio blocks, moving batteries & propane tanks & hauling jugs of water.
If you're that close to the max payload of the vehicle how is adding weight possibly helping.
I didn't major in physics, but I'm fairly certain adding 100lbs to the bumper will not remove 100lbs from the tongue.
Too little truck is too little truck! Only cure is more truck or less rv!
"Can you slpain Lucy why we hauling all these rocks!"
Oh it's to help lightening the tongue weight!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote