View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 08:17 AM   #82
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
I first asked the question about getting various pieces of equipment with my new Cougar 25RDS on May 25. I thank all of you that replied and helped me understand that I got shorted. It is July 10 and I am still waiting. Finally made some progress with an exceptional young lady in Keystone owner relations. Also, I finally got my TPMS display for the Cougar that I took possession of April 08, 2022. Programmed it, but there is no repeater/signal booster installed. Paid for this with the Towing with Confidence Package. Got the Goodyear Tires and the TPMS sensors are installed, but no repeater. It works great when you are standing next to the axles, but no so good in the cab of the tow vehicle. I am hassling about this too. My dealer was WORTHLESS on these issues as well as other problems. Keystone wasn't much better until I got this latest diligent and caring young lady to help me. Hopefully I will get what I paid for...eventually. I love the Cougar trailer, but loathe my dealer for their incompetence, and am not real high on the Keystone factory either. I bought the 600i-L Solarflex package and NO ONE at the dealer could tell me anything about it. I am learning everything about my trailer on my own. Labor, supply chain, new computer systems blah blah blah. The excuse du jour was getting old. Real problem is incompetent management that doesn't care about service after the sale. I dread the day when I have a serious problem. Will probably take it to another Keystone dealer. OK, rant over. My positives are the trailer itself. All other negatives are MFG/dealer infrastructure. Fixing things myself as long as I can. Good luck to all of you ladies and gentlemen out there. I still love my 2022Cougar in spite of all else!

I'm sorry to hear of your continued troubles. Your dealer should be running point for you (if they aren't the ones that shortchanged you in the first place). We always stress the importance of the dealer you purchase from and this is a prime example. I'm glad the Keystone rep is stepping in to help because many times they want the dealer to communicate with them. Sounds like they might know this dealer isn't up to snuff.

Your TPMS is operating just like they will without the repeater. The older monitors didn't usually require one but when they went to the newer ones TST told me they were designed to require one. Without the repeater I can see my front 2 tires but the back and spare just blink blank. Since working with Keystone directly is like working with the fed govt. when trying to get parts I wonder if that helpful young lady might let you get the repeater from TST (great customer service) and reimburse you? Might save you a month or two of headaches. You dealer should have made sure all those things were there and functional prior to you taking possession then showed them to you on your PDI walk through. Good look on getting it all taken care of.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote