View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 09:00 AM   #9
Northofu1

My trailer has a gvwr of 7450. I was towing it with the GMC 1500 that had a payload of 1680, a 7200 gvwr, and a max tow of 9200lbs (that some will say means didly)
It felt fine in wind and rain and curvy flats, what made me change tv's was the August Tennessee / Georgia trip (That never was), and the fact the 20's were coming out and I didn't want to wait to see how the new 6.6 gas engines would work, so dealers wanted to unload them to make room, which got me the deal I wanted. I also want to start venturing out west.
After my last trip, weighed my set up fairly empty and then trip ready, I was only carrying 450 lbs. I think as long as your aware of the fact you are at the top end of the trucks capacity, with careful loading, good LT tires, making sure TV suspension isn't too soft. you might be ok. That top end weight will definitely be taxing on your drive train, brakes and suspension, (not sure if you have external oil / tranny coolers). Personally, I would be looking for an upgrade TV. Look for a '19 model make it hd and you won't have any issues wherever you go. The big three hd trucks are all competent, it's just what brand you prefer.
Just my 2cents worth

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote