View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #695
suza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor303 View Post
Is that a trailer behind your trailer??? Love to know how that works out for you, I've been thinking about pulling my kayak trailer behind my TT instead of putting the boats on top of the truck..
We haul our two kayaks (one 11' sit-in and one 9.5' SOT) in the RV (279RKS). The 2 fit, stacked, with the SOT on the bottom, on the floor of the main living area. They will also fit on the bed. We have hauled 4 this way - two as mentioned and two on the bed. The ones on the floor are resting on foam "kayak keepers" and secured with tie-downs to the floor anchors for the swivel rocker. With the slide in, the sofa prevents them from shifting side to side. We tie down the two on the bed by wrapping the tie-down strap under the bed platform. I use pillows to pad areas where the boats might slip and rub.

I know this will not work with all floor plans, but it works great in ours and it doesn't take long to load them. The only hang-up is, if you want to stop on the road and grab something from the fridge - you can't. But, you can get to the bathroom
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote