Thread: Rv dc tv
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 01:29 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

I want to clarify that I didn't say, or mean, there are "laws" that prevent one from running a genny or watch TV while boondocking.....I've done both. Heck, back when the Cowboys under Tom Landry were always in the playoffs and I was an avid fan, I would take a small 12" DC TV with me deer hunting, put it on the tailgate and take time off from hunting to try to watch the blurry game while wiggling the rabbit ears. I get it.

My comment was as much tongue in cheek as anything. Watch TV while boondocking - the 2 things are contrary to me I guess. Boondocking, to me, is being in the "wild" (read unimproved, non developed campsites) away from everyone where I go to enjoy nature, cook out, explore etc. With the newer, larger trailers I don't do that anymore, but when I did boondock I went with a purpose (see above) and that's what I pretty much did until bed time (much to DW's chagrin). I didn't watch, or want, a TV. I even carried a generator but that was to keep the batteries up and occasionally run the AC (but is that boondocking?).

Anyway, there is no right way or wrong way (as long as it's legal and considerate of others and mother nature). Boondocking is a relative term that means different things to different folks. I certainly understand camping in non developed areas (pretty) and wanting to watch TV or whatever and knew many on the forum did. Just a little clarification that I didn't mean, or say, there were any legalities involved in watching TV while "boondocking". So fire up that 10k generator, kick on those 2 15k ACs, turn on that 55" HDTV and turn up that 1200 watt sound system and go "boondocking"!!! (That is supposed to be a funny, not sarcasm or slighting anyone! To each his own)
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote