View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #126
Rubicon100

This thread is funny. I have two trucks, a 2012 4x4 heavily modified 5.3 and an 04 ram 4x4 long bed four door with the 5.9 Cummins and 4.10 gears. My trailer is usually around 6400lbs loaded for a long trip.
The half ton had absolutely zero problems with power pulling a 30ft trailer but I paid attention to payload and gross axles weights. I usually spend most of October and November at our hunting land and I always had to make two trips in the half ton because I like to hit the cat scales often and last fall I was so overloaded I was embarrassed. This year will be nice it'll be the first hunting season with the ram and I'm sure it's gonna be so nice taking the generator and enough wood all in the same trip. My trailer is an ultralight and the half ton was fully capable with zero problems until I wanted to take all of my hunting equipment and enough wood and extra water for a week or more at a time. I see way too many people who have never been over the scales bragging about how great they pull their camper with a half ton and their trailers are way bigger than mine. I don't understand how many people have never weighed what they are pulling, it's not that hard and it's definitely an eye opener. I'm sure I'll still pull with the Silverado occasionally but only if it's me for a short fishing trip. Hit those scales people, your not the only ones on the road. Thanks to sourdough and jrtjh last year I learned an awful lot about payload. Thanks guys. Dan edit to add chuckster and Javi. You guys helped me out alot.
2017 2670bh pulling with a 2012 Silverado crew cab 4x4 with the factory tow package. Upgraded to 3.73,s after market trans cooler. All fluids changed to valvolene synthetic. Air lift 2000 bags and an equalizer 4 point hitch.
Rubicon100 is offline   Reply With Quote