View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaRam View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what is considered an out of adjustment condition? ...
The point I was trying to make is that if you wait until after 90 days from date of delivery, it won't matter what, why or how it was damaged, if Keystone determines that it was an alignment issue (regardless of whether it was ever aligned or not) they probably won't cover it and will refer you to the warranty exclusion on page 9 of the Owner's Manual that states: "• Adjustments to all doors, drawers, locks, latches, slide outs, awnings and window treatments beyond 90 days after retail sale;"

If I recall, you took delivery of your Hideout about a month ago. Summer is the peak season for all RV service centers and they are swamped. If you wait a couple more weeks (after a planned trip) to call and make an appointment, you may well find that the dealer can't (won't) accept your RV for service until well after the first 90 days has passed. If so, it won't make a "hill of beans" difference when or why the slide needs adjustment, it will all be at your expense. So, if you're concerned with damage caused by the slide and warranty payment, you might want to discuss the problem with your dealer well before that 90 day window ends......

It's entirely up to you whether you want to gamble with beating the clock or not, just a friendly suggestion that you don't delay if you want the warranty to cover the problem......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote