View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 12:48 PM   #9
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LERD View Post
I just pulled the trigger on a new set of Falken Wildpeak AT3W just last Wednesday and set off on our last trip of the year on Thursday. I'm pulling a Copper Canyon 25FWRLS with an f-150 ecoboost. I figure my pin weight at about 1300 lbs, and our payload is 1700 lbs. Yes I know I'm over budgeted. So that's why I upgraded to the E rated tires and I set my pressure at 60 psi for all 4 tires. That pressure worked quite well. Since I already installed a set of Timbrens last year, my old tires were the last weak link to shore up. Well it worked. I'm pleased on how well it towed. Especially since we had high winds going out and coming back home. Since we're done towing for a while, I dropped the pressure to 55 psi. But I'm thinking of taking it down even more to 50 psi. 60 psi is plenty for 1/2 ton towing. 80 psi would be like having a concrete tire. It's just not heavy enough to off set that kind of pressure.
I think that pin weight is an advertised empty trailer pin weight. I'd suggest a visit to the scales to see just how far " over budgeted" you really are.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote