View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #35
powerstrokedub

Took the 387 out again this weekend, but this time up to the mountains. I haven't been up to the mountains in the summer since I was much younger so it was really great to be back up in the mountain air and able to relax and unwind from the work week a bit. I'm still really happy with my Carbon unit, but have noticed a few things that I will be re-engineering:

The side skirt mounting is cheesy to say the least, I will be redesigning with a complete bracket system that mounts off the underbelly bolts then extends to the skirting and pulls it tight as well as keeping it square.

Not really sure what to do on this one but my drivers side rear-most tire is wearing faster than any of the others. I'm thinking I may install Correct Track (this is now standard on 2015 models) and do an alignment (would love to hear others thoughts on this).

While up in the mountains my buddy with a Carbon 31TT took his about ten miles down a dirt road that was fairly smooth but still washboarded, he has done this multiple times and the coach seems to be holding up pretty well to the washboard abuse. I didn't feel comfortable taking my 387 down the dirt road as I fear that the fatigue damage to the coach will be greatly exaggerated. How is everyone else's Carbon units holding up to use? Any weird issues arising from off road travel?

Overall, still very happy with my 387 and would purchase one again. Just have a few minor issues that need sorting through now that I have a few trips on it.
powerstrokedub is offline   Reply With Quote