View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 05:55 AM   #1
steveh326

Laredo 314re appears to be in 'transition'

this is frustrating... wife and I have settled on 314re for our next travel trailer. the 314re seems to be in transition mode. some of the new features I really like, and some, not so much. Some of the changes are mere inconveniences, like the cabinet doors over the couch opening UP instead of out (with no struts to hold the doors open, so you only have one hand free)while others are significant, like windows in the back wall instead of solid wall with storage cabinets, and a full height pantry in the kitchen where countertops used to be. Some units appear to have pass thru storage (a must-have for me, how would you reach items stored 8' away without it?) while others are missing the curb side door. The unit we looked at also had an outside storage door in the bedroom slide (I really liked this extra storage) while no pictures anywhere show it. The floorplan on the keystone site continues to show overhead cabinets over the recliners, yet there are zero units out there that have them.

Last Saturday my wife and I drove 2 hours to nearest dealer with a Laredo 314re in stock, that's when I discovered the differences. Pictures did not match the unit at all. We will most likely end up ordering one from our local keystone dealer, I just hate laying out this kind of $$ for a 'suprise' package and not knowing exactly how what we will be getting.

Sorry for venting, thanks for listening.
steveh326 is offline   Reply With Quote