View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 07:55 PM   #27
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I think you came in with your mind made up, asked a question wanting "your" answer and don't like anything other than that. I think I would buy all the cameras, put them on the truck, under the trailer etc. , drive many miles, assimilate the footage and view, then.....come to your predetermined conclusion.
Could be, could be. It’s based on a half remembered conversation my dad had with another guy as they were ferrying boats on trailers. I wished I’d paid attention (I was a youngster at the time and he’s since passed away).

Guy was getting beaten up pulling the trailer and near as I can tell, they figured out the actual load on the trailer and set it accordingly to good effect.

Sounds plausible enough, and seems backed up by the other documentation I’ve already mentioned.

What I haven’t brought up, because I didn’t use it after I got it, was that I have an engineering degree. Structural Engineering was all about defining the problem and sizing the solution plus a factor of safety to solve it. “Set it to 80 psi and don’t question it” offends me.
Rocketsled is offline   Reply With Quote