View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 07:41 PM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsled View Post
I'm a pretty thick skinned guy, and I'm sure you don't mean anything by it...but what an ******* response to a question that was posted, in good faith, asking for help.

Why would MorRyde state in their installation documentation to troubleshoot by adjusting air pressure...according to tire manufacturer specifications, proper tire pressure means inflating tires according to individual wheel
weights (as long as a wheel is not overloaded), not necessarily inflating to the maximum pressure as specified on the tire

So answer me this: Why would there ever BE a weight/inflation chart (much less one that matched across different manufacturers) if the whole world just 'set it to 80psi' and left it?

Tends to make a guy think this isn't the best place to go for assistance. Heaven forbid I'd look at a behavior, and take steps to try to make this 'investment' last longer.

I'm not buying the static/dynamic load/pothole argument, either. A tire inflated to handle 12,000 lbs would handle 10,000 lbs of load, otherwise it wouldn't be safe to run at that inflation in a 12,000 lb trailer situation. It's not under-inflated if it's inflated to what the chart states is adequate to the actual measured weight. That blind 80 psi sticker on the front panel is for unlubricated, undamped, raw iron, factory suspension with a motorcycle in the back, full fresh tank, and all of mama's cast iron. I've weighed the trailer at 12,000 lbs, and when I tucked it away for the winter, it tucked just under 10,000 lbs.

All three situations don't require 80 psi.

I thank the members that have contributed, even if the news isn't good. I'll test, probably with a camera in the garage, and report back. It very well may be that an improved suspension, fresh tires, and 80 psi is all the doctor ordered. It may ALSO be that 10 psi less makes things less likely to unscrew the trailer.

/grumble grumble You'd think I ask a question about oil changes grumble or running car tires on a motorcycle grumble or pulling 19,000 lbs with a half ton pickup....
I think you came in with your mind made up, asked a question wanting "your" answer and don't like anything other than that. I think I would buy all the cameras, put them on the truck, under the trailer etc. , drive many miles, assimilate the footage and view, then.....come to your predetermined conclusion.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote