View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 06:02 AM   #47
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Everything I read said it is month to month. Didn't read about autopay but I wouldn't care. Between all the ways to contact them if they don't respond I'll just have Amex shut it down. I don't use any of my bank account cards for anything when traveling or online....too easy to hack.
Yes....month to month and the more lines you add, the cheaper the rate. They call this 'party pay' or some such. The difference between this and the 'family plan' offered by other vendors is that the added lines can belong to anybody.....family, friend or stranger. I understand there are even forums where people 'advertise' to get hooked in with someone else's plan in order to drop the monthly cost. At any rate, it maxes out at 4 lines which would get you to $25 per month each. We have 3 lines, so $30 each. One line is literally in Ernie (my dog's name!)

I use Ernie's phone strictly in the trailer to run a dedicated hotspot for the InCommand system. We always travel with our dogs and this gives us a way to check/adjust the temp via the InCommand Global Connect, if we are out and about and the dogs are in the trailer. I used to have a separate temp monitoring device with a dedicated cell connection for this, but it wasn't always reliable. Plus with this method I can at least try to adjust/restart the AC or heat from afar.

As for picture quality, is it fuzzy at times? Will it freeze on occasion? Yep. But I think you will run into this with any cell connection. This seems to occur in areas of poor coverage, where you're limping buy on a single bar. If it's 480p, that's good enough for the RV, IMO. Definitely viewable.

Finally, I believe that Visible only allows one device at a time to connect to its hotspot. This is not an issue for us as we have multiple phones. If you are using a single phone, this may be problematic should you want to connect to the TV and use a laptop at the same time. I believe I've read the work around is to connect the Visible phone's hotspot to a mini router. There is huge thread at irv2.com related to Visible. A member also posted this tutorial on Google docs, where I believe he discusses (among other things) the router setup.

The tutorial is from May '19 so may be dated, but the gist of it is likely still valid.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote