Thread: Snowbirds !!
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 04:04 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Or......maybe it's just you???

Sitting here this evening out of the RVs surrounding me I've got (I'll pick 10; 5 up my side and 5 up the other) a mix of folks. Some are over 50 and some are not. 2 motor homes sitting across from me have a total of 5 people in them ALL in their late 20s/early 30s (maybe). What they are doing here I've not figured out. Up 2 trailers are a man and his wife with 2 large dogs. Next to them is a young couple with a teenager and a pregnant lady (all under 50)....and the "old" folks you allude to.

Guess it's funny but we all laugh, visit, talk about "stuff" and our puppies etc. This includes the "old" folks. A pretty happy friendly place, and that has been mirrored in virtually every RV park I've stayed in whether FL or not. Now some, like myself, do not run out and want to play games, have party nights etc. A semi recluse you might say. And, I can be extremely grumpy....but why?

90% of the time it is those "below 50" folks that wheel in, act like they're in Key West, loud, kids/animals run loose, take their ATVs/golf carts and blast across your lot etc. etc. etc. "Those" folks have no idea about being in an RV park, courtesy, minding their business or just IMO, "knowing their place". When "those" folks arrive and start "doing their thing" yep those "old grumpy" people will probably start showing up, maybe even acting a little "uppity" until folks get a grip.

Like I said, quiet, nice, courteous folks...young or old have never been a problem nor has anyone given them a problem that I've seen.