View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 10:02 AM   #5
tundrwd

Working on it. Right now tarp is out of the question. Blowing 25 with gusts up to 30-35 right now and me, myself, and I simply can't get it over the top of the trailer and cinched down. I'll try to find a temporary place to put it inside - but that will have to wait until tomorrow when I can call a few places.

I'm able to open it and get fans on everything. There isn't a lot of water coming in, but it's dripping occasionally from the joint in the ceiling. And to top it off, the emergency window has stuff blowing in it. Again, I have to take the window out and that will require a couple dry days to get it out, take the weatherstrip out, silicone it back in and put back into the frame. The frame isn't leaking - the weatherstrip is being blown in enough that I've got some water getting inside the frame. So that has to be fixed too.

Back escape window isn't leaking, but I'll fix it too when things dry out.

We've got about every river at or over flooding, lots of roads closed. About every state park is either closed, or nearly closed (many if not all of the camping sites are under water). Someone sent me a pic of one park where you can barely see the roof of the shower building - everything else is submerged. They were supposed to be there this weekend. One park closed over 300 sites - only 2 - two - were "open".

Parents moved us here 50 years ago this year, and I've never seen it like this. Floods - yeah. Lots of rain - yeah. But not day after day of torrential rain that goes on for weeks. That I haven't seen.
tundrwd is offline   Reply With Quote