View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 05:27 AM   #31
Northofu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaxon View Post
My roof top work is complete. I installed the 4 panels with tilt mounts, I made a combiner box to tie them together in 2S2P, then down through the Jaboni port. That factory wire ran down through the wall between the shower and the front bedroom, and terminated just behind the InCommand panel in the basement. It was cut and capped, then continued under the basement floor and forward to the original battery bay and capped again. This fwd leg I will not use, as it is not removable, or anchored under the floor and is not where I need it to be.

This PV cable from the roof was long enough to reach over the rear wall of the basement but too short to reach the fwd wall. I struggled with another option- to run it back into the compartment that has the outside refrigerator and TV in it. Plenty of room there for 4 BB batteries, charge controller etc, but I'd lose the fridge.

So, The PV wire went forward over the center of the basement, where I mounted to the aluminum frame above and installed a DC breaker double pole switch as a disconnect. I will add about 7ft of PV cable to get to the Charge Controller which will mount on the front wall of the basement. The 4 BB batteries, the Victron CC, Victron 3000MP inverter, a Victron Lynx distributer. A Smart Phase Selector (on back order) and various other hardware will all be mounted here at the front wall of the basement.

I am wanting to have full connectivity to the service panel in the garage. It is 50amp service, meaning 2 legs of 120v. The SPS is necessary for the 3 way connect of shore power / generator / solar. Im waiting on the SPS to become available, says spring 2021. Many people use the 4/0 wire for their install. I spoke with battle Born on the phone and they said that is complete overkill, that with my set up I can use 1/0 cables. Ordered and waiting FedEx delivery tomorrow.

Certainly complex and costly, I'm not taking shortcuts, and learning as I go.

Progress is slow, but steady. I did a 200 mile road trip and the roof install is all secure and solid. No issues there.
NICE!
Looks like a formidable project, hope everything goes smoothly.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote