Thread: Which Tire?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 05:18 PM   #26
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I've seen you post this statement several times. I have a question from a strictly practical viewpoint. Unless you have a leveling system that's capable of raising the tires off the surface "free spinning a tire" can be a daunting task. So the question is, how often should that be done? Aside from the obvious answer of when you have another reason to jack up the wheel such as lubing bearings, adjusting brakes, etc.

Not easy to give a specific answer an it depends on how many miles you travel. Also the ease or difficulty of getting a tire up in the air depends on your suspension design and what tools and equipment you have. Having said all that I would think once a year or once every 2.500 miles which ever comes first might be enough. This of course depends on how much of the tire load "capacity you are consuming.

Did you watch the video in my blog on how it was done and the results of the "Autopsy" of the tire? If you take your time you should be able to see radial and / or lateral runout.