View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 07:52 PM   #14
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCMan View Post
Wow Bill, those counterbores are even deeper than the ones on my rims. I will take a pic in the morning or whenever I get up. I did talk to the lead tech support at TST and he said the aluminum ones were ok with two caveats: short as possible and use dielectric grease on the threads to keep them from welding to each other with corrosion. He said to be careful to keep it on the threads only as it would not play well with the sensor workings. Tomorrow is a trip to the tire shop to see if they have options on length. Got po'ed enough after going to advance that I needed to chill on the swing and watch what really matters, the wildlife in the yard. My favorite deer family came by and made it all better. All of about 50 feet away as they munched on some pecans I threw out for them. Used to watch our resident fox but after 11 years and 7 litters she is no more.
DW feeds the squirrels and birds in the back yard daily. The tree residents will bark at her until she tosses the seeds and peanuts out there. Talk about spoiled!

BTW - you and I have a bit in common. I'm not the QC/QA inspector, but I've been involved in the quality of manufacturing for the past 30 years in various ways of the production facility. (electronic, electromechanical and mechanical contract manufacturing)