View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 05:25 PM   #2
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCMan View Post
Had great chrome plated steel valve stems from Billet Industries on the last tt but they are too short for the current rims. Looking for steel or brass valve stems that are about 1 1/8" from the outside mounting surface to the end of the uncapped stem. I do not like/trust the aluminum stems that I am using now as they only seal on one side and cannot be made tight enough so they do not turn when installing the flow through sensors.
Seems like the the vendors I have found like giving overall length instead of length from a given datum. The above length is so that my sensors fit on but stick out the least. Thanks for any help.
Oddly enough, I bought a set of stems from Advance Auto Parts that is a stem that is designed to accept a snap on sensor inside the tire. These are OEM grade stems, just like you'd see on a new vehicle, except there is no sensor attached on the inside. Box of four for $12.99, you can't go wrong. Seems like they should be more, but again it's just the bolt in valve stem. No sensor. I had Discount install them when I had the new Carlisles installed on a set of new Sendel wheels a few months ago. See link below.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...earchTerm=TPMS