View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 02:28 PM   #8
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I've had several RVs & to date have never had one that "auto" would change from ac to heat. They've all been strictly the fan either "hi", "low" or "auto" with "hi/lo" the fan runs constantly & "auto" it only runs if ac or heat pump kicks on.
Come to think of it, never had a residential thermostat that would automatically switch from heat to cool, always had to switch it manually.
Yup that’s the way auto changeover works. And I have it on my rear hvac unit on my cougar fifth wheel. The incommand mode button for rear ac gives you heat..cool ..auto ... as choices. Not the front because the rear ac unit and the rv furnace are on same zone thermostat sensor
Also I’m an hvac contractor. Being doing this since 84. Most digital (not all) thermostats made in the last 10 years have the auto option in the configuration menu. Most installers and service techs opt not to tell the customer because of nuisance service calls generated by customers unaware of the limitations of the auto setting and how it actually works.
It is usually not a “hard mechanical button” it’s a menu choice in a configuration menu that will make it appear when it’s set up of never show up at all if not configured. Mostly like I said for commercial customers who don’t want to send a maintenance man to every property location the first hot day to reset all the thermostats