View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 07:32 AM   #122
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleMan View Post
So, being a newbie here, let me see if I have this right. I have a 2008 5.7 4x2 SR5, tow package on it, my Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 260UML is 5912lbs dry, and I can tow 10,200lbs according to GVWR on door. Payload for truck is 1475lbs and ya'll are telling me I cannot tow this trailer?
To honest you can tow this, but you shouldn't/couldn't do it safely within the limits of THAT truck.
Your tongue weight will be 800+ lbs off of your 1475 lb payload minus the 125 lb hitch leaves 550lbs+/- for all the people, pets & anything you put in or on THAT truck that didn't come the factory. Now you've used up your available payload & are NO WHERE near the max tow weight & can never get to that number with that limited payload.
So maybe you're one of those that's my going & couple hundred miles away & won't ever load the RV full.........well that may be the case once or twice, but things tend to be loaded that never get unloaded. I gaurntee you'll be loaded to max weight in the RV sooner than later, which is why you figure your fondue weight from that number.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote