View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 05:21 AM   #45
TonyOIB

All Manufacturers are the same so when buying GET DOWN & DIRTY

Just because your buying NEW does not mean you do not need to GET DOWN AND DIRTY! I wish I had known this when I took home my BRAND NEW 2018 Minnie Winnie (yes, wrong forum, but this is important to all!) 4 months ago. When I say this I mean be sure to GET DOWN AND CRAWL UNDER THE RIG and look for rust and corrosion. Check out my pics and you will see partially of what I found after I took home this brand new motorhome that Winnebago says is NOT a "warrantable item" and now neither they nor CW will do anything about it. Winnebago blames CW for NOT washing the underneath when they received the unit, and CW just doesn't care.... And now I'm learning I can't even go to small claims court since neither of their corporations are registered in my state? and I will need to go the expensive attorney route. I'm on this forum looking for suggestions on not only the best way to fix this problem, but also ideas on how to get either CW or Winnebago to fess up that this is NOT just surface rust but something THEY need to address since this rust is now deteriorating the metal panels they have added to the framing. I too, will never buy new again and certainly not from Winnebago or Camping World.Click image for larger version

Name:	rust1a.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	19718

Click image for larger version

Name:	rust4a.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	19719

Click image for larger version

Name:	rust5a.JPG
Views:	294