View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 10:15 AM   #10
jxnbbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxfan904 View Post
Great to hear, thank you.

Did you have to wire for the side cameras? Also, it looks like Furrion doesn’t have any mobile apps to view that cameras, which is extremely annoying. I presume this system you have ONLY works while towing? I know the one I uses to have only worked when the 7-way adapter was plugged in and my headlights were on.

Yes, it only works when towing. I do know that there are some youtube videos to convert cameras to be energized when not towing and then have to monitor indoors for an "onsite security monitor", but there are no phone apps that I'm aware of.

The mounting of the side cameras was really trivial as you just replace the side marker lights with the furrion marker lights. I believe I reused one of the existing holes, fill the remaining and covered the filled holes with the body of the new furrion side light.

After only owning a trailer for 2 years but traveling over 16000 miles in it, the #1 most valuable feature of the camera the microphone...backing up the trailer with video and my wife being able to talk in a normal voice is nice.

Last, the second time around it is really nice to 'calibrate' the distance markers shown on the camera. We just put some markers every 5 feet, adjusted the camera angle on the back and noted down the distances of the "colored rectangles" on the monitor.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote