View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 03:52 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336 View Post
JRTJH went w the trailer parts outlet. Guys were great to work with. Upgraded to 6k axles and springs. Got new morryde cre 3000 equalizers and wet bolt kits. Kept the correct track. New tires on the rears that got shredded. Basically all new and upgraded capacity. Sold the old gear to a local farmer who was building a hay trailer for $400. Cost me $2000 for the axles springs and hardware. And about $300 for the equalizers and wet bolts. Maiden voyage this weekend.
About the only difference I can see with your new suspension and the way I did it is that I also installed the Moryde X Factor crossmember braces at all three spring hangers.

We just recently towed from northern Michigan to North Carolina and the trailer performed better than it did with the lighter OEM axles. We didn't have any "rear kitchen cupboard damage or rearrangement of contents" which had been happening on every trip with the OEM axles/springs.

I think you'll have the same experience, at least I hope you do. Keep us posted on how your new suspension performs.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote