View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 05:02 PM   #1
Soxfan904

Cougar 30BHS Water Heater Bypass Valve - Difficulty Locating

I am sure this question gets asked a lot and I feel like an idiot posting it, but I cannot seem to correctly find the bypass valve on my camper for the hot water heater.

On the non-door side, there is a small pass-through entryway where the inverter, solar and auto leveling system is, and on the opposite of that are wood pieces that are “surrounding” the water heater. I unscrewed, the panel i could reach on the side. I felt around and only felt 2 pex pipes, and also when I checked with my phone, I did not see a bypass line.

There was a massive amount of wires behind the heater also. I did not want to continue feeling around and get zapped. I assume it’s probably there, but I may have just missed it. I will have to get in again with my phone.

In the camper, to the left of the king bed (non door side), the carpeted shelf like area, I found the top comes off, and I can see all of the pex pipes and water inputs. I looked through them thoroughly and could see where the red and blue pipes went to the hot water heater, but did not see any bypass there as well.

Anybody familiar with this very specific model and know where it is? Again, I don’t know how else I’m going to be able to reach it or see it as I cannot fit into the small entryway if it’s where the wood is.

And yes, that is one thing that the dealer should have showed me and they did not, they showed me everything else about the camper, except that… go figure.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.