Thread: Hi from Oregon
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 12:33 PM   #10
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Congratulations on the new TT, and welcome to the forum.
Yea, Traveling Texan and Wired George, are just looking out for your safety, and get a bit zealous at times.

Truck prices are starting to come down, and likely to best order if you are looking new, as you can get a better price and what you want.

Seeing how you put a class 4 receiver on your truck, I assume you may also have LT tires.

The Dry weight of 7,300# gives you a bit to work with, if you travel light, might come in at 8,300#+/-. You are going down the right path weighing after loading, to see where you are at. Don't go light on the hitch weight the percentage needs to be 12% to 15%, otherwise it will cause sway.

I will agree with the others skip the 250/2500, and get a 350/3500 with the highest GVWR you can get.

Enjoy your new rig. Let us know what you find for a new TV.
Yep! Maybe a bit over zealous, but when reading of a newbie about to embark on the rv experience & some greedy salesperson has given false information & useless numbers in order to make sale, which according to most rv forums happens much too often, I feel they need to get correct information for their safety & to make the experience enjoyable rather than a white knuckle "OH S##T" type experience, what they chose to do with the information is totally up to them, but now they know just the facts.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote