Thread: Hi from Oregon
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 08:34 AM   #8
travelin texans

QUOTE:Both my dealer did I our research and I feel I’m aware of what my limits are. The trailer dry weight is 7,300lbs and once I’m loaded everything in, I WILL go to a scale and see where Im at just to sure what I can or can’t do. My specific vehicle has a tow rating of 10,700 lbs which is over 9,500 lb listed capacity the of the trailer.QUOTE

That's exactly how most new rvers get into too much rv & not enough truck, listening to the salesman!
As said previously the 2 numbers that mean absolutely nothing to you, the advertised max tow rating of your truck & the rv dry weight, are the 1st numbers out of the salesmans mouth.
I'd also agree skip the 3/4 ton & get the 1 ton, very little more $$, same ride, same mileage, same size, but much more payload for future rv upgrades. Also depending on how it's equipped some 3/4 tons have very little more payload than a lesser equipped 1/2 ton.
One other concern, if your only at 910lbs tongue weight that's not even 10% which is needed for good handling, so apparently you had loaded nothing when weighed. The average loaded TT tongue weight should be 10-15% of the rvs posted GVWR.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote