View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 07:26 AM   #1
crtravis55

Solarflex or lithium battery upgrade

We've got a 2022 Passport with the Solarflex 200i package and standard 100A AGM battery and Victron SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 solar charger. I have installed a Xantrex 1000w inverter and Renology battery monitor. My battery won't last the night keeping the 12v refrigerator going if I need to have the furnace running or a fan on the inverter at same time so I've resorted to tying into a second battery via jumper cables when I'm off shore power. We only use the inverter for TV, small appliances/fan or computer and only as needed. We don't do much boondocking yet other than state / national parks or one night at a Walmart w/o power. We do have a generator we could use but prefer not to if possible. Also don't do any winter camping at this point either.

My options:
- Get single 100A lithium battery to replace existing battery or upgrade to a single 200A lithium battery inside the front pass-through storage.
- Battery brand suggestions? There are several 200A batteries brands (Renology, etc.) that cost less or a little more than a single Battle Born 100A
-On either choice, is it worth adding second solar panel - I don't have a problem with present battery charging on existing single panel solar.
-Do I need to upgrade the Victron charger if going to a bigger battery?
crtravis55 is offline   Reply With Quote