View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 06:22 PM   #1

Full suspension replacement.

We have had our cougar 336 since new. 2016, it’s a 2017 model year. Have taken it to Fort wilderness from PA twice. Alabama and Mississippi and just recently took it out to Minnesota and back the long way. Well on the way back the springs gave up. Tires wore. Mounting points elongated etc etc. driving like a stage coach she made it home, barely. So just gonna replace everything I’m thinking. Found so axle packages fairly affordable. Had 5200# on it. Thinking I’ll go w 6k and the springs to match as what’s on there seems to be spec bare minimum. Looking at Tek wood the stock stuff is listed at 86.5 /68.5 measurements. All the stock axles are 85/70. Is there really a difference and keystone has the special spec axles different than all the others or what. The tekwood 5200# are 1700$ Shopping around there’s about 10 competes with springs hubs and brake kits in the 500-1000$ range. Do I really need the 86.5/68.5 ?? I’m looking at clearances and it dosent seem like it. Maybe they lost the 1.5” on the spring centers by using a cheesy spring?? Thinking if I gonna replace the springs and the morryde I might as well just get the axles and never look back. Gotta buy new tires anyhow now so I’ll be sitting on new everything instead of cobbling it back together. Plus I’m not sure the rough riding didn’t do some damage. And I don’t feel like sacrificing tires to find out.
336 is offline   Reply With Quote