View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 04:22 PM   #41
DeniseJ

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratowles View Post
We will be full timing this summer with our cat and dog. Any helpful tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

We plan to kennel them in the travel trailer while we are on the road. We only average 4 to 6 hours when we are traveling between campsites and stop religiously every two hours.

Comments/concerns?
Honestly I would NEVER have my pets ride in the trailer. There was a time when we had to go to the dump station down the road from our spot, we travel with 3 cats and I didn't want to have to chase them and kennel them for a 15 min. endeavor. So, I decided to hang with them in our bedroom, with the slides in and the door closed thinking they'll be OK because I'll be with them. My husband drove our T.V. for a total of 1 mile at 10 mph. Let me tell you, HOLY COW!! We bounced all over that small bedroom and it was so rough, (paved road) and very loud (remember they aren't really insulated for sound.. It was scary for me and the cats! It's not what it seems like it would be! We drive with them over the road in individual kennels in the back seat with seat belts and this way they are secure and safe with us and know they won't die, they're scared to death with us in the truck, so I'd say being in the trailer is a very bad experience.
DeniseJ is offline   Reply With Quote