View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #26
tgpilot

Last week I was staying in Kalispell, MT where I once lived, but found their cable channels lacking. So, I broke down and bought the King Quest portable dish for Direct TV, though I still had a portable dish that I had from ten years ago. I just decided that I did not want to play chase the signal game any more.

I had seen these dishes going at Camping World for more than $500.00 and else where. I got online and found them for as little as $375.00. I approached a dealer in Kalispell and told him what I could get one for, he came down to$422.00, so I bought it.

First time I tried to hook it up, I had a tree in the way and had to move the dish. Then, it took me another hour and a half to get her up and running. All because of the screwy wiring in my rig. I had to fall back on my old training when, I once ran a cable TV company and reduced everything to the basics. After getting signal, I started making my changes to my connection and then the programming popped in. I brought along a receiver from home that I used in the bedroom. Fortunately, it was compatible with the dish. Make sure that it is before you buy. No extra cost to programming this way.

this evening I pulled into a small park here in Browning, MT for the Blackfeet days. No TV, NO Wi-Fi. I walked out, set the dish behind the coach, plugged in the cable, went inside and plugged in the POWER INJECTOR that comes with it, and in five minutes I had full programming.

As they say, the second time is easier, love it, glad I bought it. I tried Dish once, hated dealing with them. My Track phone Wi-Fi hot spotter is barely getting signal, but here I am lol.
tgpilot is offline   Reply With Quote