View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 11:32 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge2 View Post
What is the general consensus about changing out the original tires for better tires... all I hear about are "China Bombs" and the horror stories of using the tires that came with the TT... Does everyone change them out or is this a wait and see type of thing... my TT does not have many miles on it... less than 500 but come spring I'm planning on doing a lot of traveling... should I "wait and see" or just bite the bullet and change them out for better tires?
Sarge
Some get by great, others don't. I opted for "wait and see" and on my first trip of my 2nd season one of the Trailer Kings blew about 50 miles from home as we left. A new set of tires, 7k in damages and 2 weeks later we headed out again. The OE tires looked like they came off the showroom floor; always kept aired; not overloaded - just "bang".

I will say that it seems to me that the manufacturers were putting the very minimal size tire/weight rating on trailers but have now improved on that. What trailer do you have and what tires? Size/load range?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote