View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #26
Ken / Claudia

Rgene,
Crashs are caused by many different reasons. We as RVers are lucky that as a whole motoring public (all vehicles) on the roads, rvs are still a small % of the total. I have seen/read in Oregon thru training and work that the #1 reason on a RV crash is driver falling asleep. The problem with a vehicle combo rv crash is the extra weight invloved vs. just a pickup. Now add that rv on the back of a pickup and crash them into a car etc. There is data that shows how weight changes the damage just as speed changes the damage. Either number inceases and damage/injury/ death inceases. There are alot of rv crashs due to side winds and unable to stop when needed. Stopping could be driver misjudges safe distances as much as unable to stop safely due to a too heavy of RV with tow vehicle.
I am only making a guess here but, over the years the makers of ALL pickups keep making them bigger and heavier. I think that IS to pull bigger and heavier trailers of all types just not rvs and do it without overloading the truck.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote