View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 02:50 AM   #12
TandE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GACamper View Post
Thanks for the reply, gentlemen!

I would like to be able to "do the math", but I don't know what math to do, or how. But thanks for the reply.

What sort of TV do I need for a trailer like this? I've got the same towing capacity as a full sized truck does. Are there any SUV's out there capable of towing this trailer? This crap is confusing!

I can't just get a Ford F-350. 1. Is I'm not made of money, and 2. It wont fit my family. I have a wife and 4 kids. I need something that can fit the family and actually tow a camper.

What is the max size trailer you fine folks would recommend, given my towing capacity? So I know how to better focus our search?

Doug
The only suv that I know of that I would tow that long of a trailer with would be an excursion. It has the wheel base and the space you need for your family. I am however unsure of the capacities on this particular vehicle. Even a 2500 suburban might fit the bill too. The thing with the Ford excursion is they can be hard to come by for a decent price and condition considering it is no longer made and the diesel variant people tend to ask quite a bit of coin for them. The gas ones can be cheaper but I have heard of them only getting 7-8 mpg towing and not much better driving unloaded.

Again not sure on the capacities for towing with these are but they do have the wheel base (especially the excursion) to do so.
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote