View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
SGardiner

Just picked up our new Hideout 19FLB today. Couple questions:

1. The water drains: Where do people usually drain their extra fresh water when they're done camping? At the camp site? On the way home? Not until they get home?

We were instructed to drain the fresh water tank when not in use. We do it at the site. No point in hauling extra weight.

2. Do we need to leave the caps on the drains (low point) when stored or leave them off to allow the tank to dry?

We simply drain and cap. If left open some bugs / critters will get it.

3. Does anyone know if the 19FLB has a water heater bypass? I read the users manual and am curious if I have one, I doubt it, but have no idea where to look for one.

4. We live in Norcal, should we leave a vent open when storing?

We had Maxair vent covers installed and leave vents open an inch or so.

5. The users manual says to keep the black water valve open when using the flush system. I've watched some youtube videos on dumping and some people say to let your black water tank fill up a little after it's empty to try and get any of the remaining solids out. Whats everyone opinions on closing the valve for just a minute to let the tank fill a little then letting it dump again?

6. Batteries: I'm assuming not, but is my battery charger a smart/3 stage charger? Would I need to see what mondel/type is it? I figure it's just a normal trickle charge to the battery from a generator or hook ups. Also, does anyone take thier battery home and charge it with a smart/3 stage charger? I asked the dealer and he said probably just a trickle charge.

I disconnect the neutral when trailer is stored. In the winter I will put it in the basement.

7. Water pump: Do you leave yours on when your in the camper? And if so, when it's not actively running, is it drawing any power off the battery? Dealer said no, but just seeing what the experts say

I turn the water pump and water heater off when we leave the campsite. Otherwise it is on.

8. Door latch: Is there a better/good way to close the doors to preserve the latch? I asked the dealer and he said just slam it closed. Doesn't seem like thats going to preserve it. Does anyone like open the handle, close the door and then push it to latch it? Would that help?

Just "slam" it.

I will probably have more questions, but I will post them as I think of them!! Thanks guys!!