View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 02:34 AM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffbsm85 View Post
Thank you for all of your responces!! Guess I should have been a little more specific. I don't believe I will have to winterize, but I will worry about that later. I am mostly asking just for summer storage in between trips.

In regards to #2 I have 3 caps I can take off 3 different lines under my TT. I was told 1 is for fresh water and the other 2 are for the lines. I'm asking if I should leave the caps on or off.

I don't drain the low point drains in warm weather unless I plan on storing the trailer more than a month between trips... I do drain the fresh water tank unless I'm headed out the next weekend... As for the Low Point Drain Caps.. I replace them when I finish draining them.. I also drain the Hot Water Heater if storing for more than a month during warm weather...

In regards to #7 I should have specified I ment when we are camping. I read that people will turn them off when they leave the TT, but leave it on when inside and if it runs when no faucet is open you know you have a leak. But was curious if it draws any battery power (assuming I'm not on shore power) when it's in its "standby/pressurized" state.

When we are leaving the camper for more than a couple of hours, I make it a point to turn off the city water and water heater. If we're boondocking I turn off the water pump and the water heater...

In regards to #8, we rented a just over a year old TT and it was very hard to open and close, like the latch would get stuck. I guess I just assumed that was from slamming it closed. Might just have needed to be oiled or something. But was just wondering if there was a better way to close TT doors to minimize the wear and tear on them.

A little graphite in the keyhole and in the latch bar will go a long way to make the latch easier to use... And we don't slam doors... Mom taught us not to with the judicious application of a peach limb on our backside...

Well it's a good thing it's almost June and I can ask 8 more questions!!!
Have a great camping season...