View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 04:54 AM   #18
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Another thought here. I was thinking of running the fresh water through the pump and into the "city water" connection. Is that a fesiable option? Or is it better to just fill the fresh water holding tank on the camper?

And not to worried about the power supply. With in about the next week or so, I should be 100% on shore power. So I will have plenty of 110 or 12 volt power.

And, good point on the trailer. I will probably just fill it half way up. Even at halfway, its still 137.5 gallons.
Fill the trailer's tank and let the onboard pump do its normal job. If the pump noise gets to be too much, consider an accumulator. I don't think either of those pumps will generate enough additional pressure to make it behave like true city water. And they'd cycle on and off just like the trailer's pump.

Since I have a pickup truck, I've thought about getting a couple of food grade 55 gallon drums to just toss in the back of the truck and haul fresh water in for boondocking. Plumbing fittings are readily available to fit the openings on the drums and the truck bed is usually high enough to gravity feed the trailer's fresh water tank. When empty they are light enough to move around as needed, too.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote