View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 05:16 AM   #8
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
I already drained the tank. It was about a week old, and just figures better safe than sorry. Didn't want any funk growing in there. Somebody mentioned chlorinating the tank? Forgive me but I'm new to the RV world, but what is that?
KenBob described the procedure to a T. It's a must in the spring when dewinterizing as the tank has been empty for several months. Most anything evil could be growing in there. It also removes any residual taste from the RV antifreeze. (Point of contention here: some folks swear that the taste or odor lingers even after flushing while others will say that it's totally gone after an adequate flush. If you chlorinate the tank and then flush the plumbing with the contents of the tank, you swat both flies with a single swing.)

If you download the very generic owners manual from Keystone's website, it contains basic winterizing and dewinterizing instructions along with the chlorination procedure. Additional tips, hints, ideas, etc. for winterizing and dewinterizing can be found in any number of previous threads using the search function. There are also lots and lots of write-ups on this to be found out on the net with any search engine.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote