Thread: Fantastic Fan
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathcartww View Post
We have a 277RL also, and are dealing with the same problem. I have pulled the trim from around the ceiling vent once, and there are at least 3 sets of wires to the aft of the opening, but I have not taken the time to try and figure out whether they are hot or what circuit they may be on. My next step, like you are talking about, is to pull the microwave and maybe hood to see what is back there. It seems like there should be room to fit some kind of duct up behind the microwave and out through the wall. I also want to check to see if there is a pathway for getting 12 volts from the hood up to the vent. In the end, I will probably install a power vent regardless of whether I can directly vent the stove or not.
I agree, having a fantastic vent fan in the cooking area is a great addition. However, if you can figure out how to divert the cooking humidity, heat and smells out of the RV before they even get out into the room, you'll prevent a lot of issues with cooking. The ideal solution is a range hood that vents outside if it's at all possible. GOOD LUCK !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote