View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #4
DennisT

Springdale

Thank you both for your comments. They please me. JR, your descriptions of the Springdale components being the same as the more expensive Keystone products is most helpful. Here, we both like simple and we see a lot of the fancy features in many modern products as just more to deal with for maintenance, etc. I'm quite happy with what you've told me is, "in," our Springdale. No downside I can see except the 2x2 studs. We also do not need to keep up with the, "Jones's," for things we buy.

Regarding lightweights: that struck home when we made our first trip and along side of us was my wife's brother-in-law with his Alumalite, (I think it was), whose weight sticker was something like 3,400 pounds for his c.28'+ trailer. I seem to remember the Keystone site lists ours as 6,330 pounds dry, and I couldn't help thinking a lightweight aluminum trailer would sure feel a lot better when I'm dragging something along behind me.

My TV is a '97 Dodge 2500 club cab Cummins 4x4. Lots of pulling power there but in that year the Cummins is, "de-tuned," a lot. I'm going to do a few very mild upgrades to the truck and if we stay in the RV world I may consider an exhaust brake next year. I figure our truck weighs about the same as the TT loaded.

So far the only feature we don't like about our TT is if we need to pull over to use the rest room we have to run the slide out a bit. We totally missed that when we were buying the TT. But that's not the end of the world either.

Thanks again; this is all very helpful and encouraging to a new RV'er.

Dennis
DennisT is offline   Reply With Quote