View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 08:08 PM   #17
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
So I wanted to update you guys. My family and I drove 4 hours one way to look at it because they said that there was absolutely no signs of water damage anywhere. That's why they were sure it was sun and not water. The entire front was soft on the outside. The storage passage through on the front was rotting, soft and cracking when I touched it. Inside on the inside of the closest by the queen bed was so thin that I thought I was going to put my hand through it. Several other places on the front had obvious water damage. The rest was in great shape. We didn't get it because they wouldn't go lower than 12000. I would have to completely replace the entire front and inside the closest and who knows what else. I was extremely upset they were not just honest with me when I asked if there was any water damage or signs of it. $150 later I'm back home with upset kids and no camper. They just kept saying how it had never leaked since they had it. Which might be true but it definitely had a huge leak before they got it. Anyways thank you all for your advice on what to check for. I have looked at several campers and used what you told me to inspect them. No luck in finding one yet that didn't have a good amount of water damage or issues that were not worth the price they were asking. Hopefully we will before summer is over.

When I was younger, 6 decades ago, I expected that an individual that told me something was telling me the truth, and those that weren't were usually easily discernable. That is not the case today. Honesty, honor etc. are words long lost to many people. I no longer trust anyone, about anything unless I know them front side out.....and that's very few people...DW comes to mind.
Going forward don't get your hopes up on words spoken by someone you don't know until you vet them, these days you will generally be disappointed. Hoping you find the right trailer to fulfill your wishes.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote