View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 08:16 PM   #25
Ken / Claudia

My listed trailer is a WE and it has WE on the model number and on the sticker next to the door.
There is a way to find out where that or any vehicle was made that has the current VIN system. VIN has a letter or number in it for their for the plant location. Forget the country, that is a different number or letter.
I am not going through Keystone to learn their plant codes, if its that important to you. I would think any Keystone service manager would know the code for which plant a trailer came from besides the model number. Another way to find it, go into VIN assist or call your insurance agent and have them look it up. Your agent has a NICB book of vehicles and VIN's. On each manufacture's face page they print what that manufacture uses for their plant locations code. Example could be X is plant code for Pendelton Oregon. Y is for plant code for Goshen Indiana. Each company inputs their own plant codes. What means Goshen for Keystone is or could be different than Airstream as further examples.
I said all that since my WE does not have WE in the VIN. But somewhere in that VIN is the plant location. But I could care less which plant it was built.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote