View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #20
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian View Post

Thus if your tires say COLD 50PSI, that's what you set it at, irrespective of whether your trailer is full or empty. Is that correct?
siberian
After reading through this and other "tire pressure" threads, I'm not if one can surmise anything.

Some members adjust the pressure on their tow vehicle depending whether they are towing or not towing. Others don't.

When towing our 5th wheel, I don't adjust the pressure of the 5th wheel tires. The cold pressure on the Maxxis is 80 psi and the rims are rated for that and that is the pressure I try to maintain - 80 lbs. The TPMS is set for 80 lbs with "alarms" set for temp and pressure above and below that.

I am not about to adjust the tire pressure after I add another 100 lbs+- of food, clothing and other misc stuff before heading out. The 5th wheel is mostly loaded before heading out and all we do is add food, clothing, etc. It's not going to make any significant difference in the overall weight.

Perhaps in my effort to adhere to the KISS principle, I am being negligent with respect to the tires on the Cougar. It says 80 psi on the tires and that's what they get.