View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #23
katiegreeniz

Here is an update to my issues... Hopefully it will help others like this forum has helped me.

OLD ISSUES MENTIONED IN FIRST POST

1. Outside TV bracket: was covered under warrantee. They put some additional silicone around it. Not sure how well it will hold up, but it has been noted.

2. Auto setting on fridge: there was a valve that was not turned on from factory. The techs found it, turned it on and it is fixed.

3. The cable quality: the tech's tightened up the cable wires behind all the plates and it seems to have fixed the issue.

4. Toilet paper holder placement: we hung it under the bathroom medicine cabinet. I found a couple of toilet paper holders from the dollar store that are slim enough to fit in the narrow space under the cabinet. I hung up both, 1 for TP and the other for a hand towel. See attached picture-they're working out great, easily reachable and out of the way.

5. sprayer on the kitchen sink: part has been ordered, but the cheapie one from home depot seems to work better, so we might just install a residential faucet instead.

6. The Mattress: ordered a tempurpedic one, takes 6 weeks for delivery. In the meantime, I've got 2 egg crates to get me by, lol.

7. The Master Bed Frame: the hubby reattached/reinforced the frame to the wall and we put a thin piece of wood at bottom of bed. When camper goes in for warrantee work, they are going to install the rollers that were supposed to be installed when the camper was built.

8. leaving the exterior bathroom door light for now. not really an issue as the outside scare lights are bright enough.

9. not doing anything with a bunk ladder either. it hasn't been an issue yet, but your tips were great and when we need to add one we'll get the one mentioned.

10. fold out sofa: there was no way for us to fix this on our own. when folded out both ends are substantially lower than the middle and there is a huge hump that would surely cripple someone if they tried to sleep on it. see NEW ISSUES below...

12. Turns out that it is not a Dometic awning like we were told. It is a Solera. Unless I want to install a manual awning or tie it down, I'll just deal with it the way it is and never leave it open unless I'm under it and watching it like a hawk.

NEW ISSUES SINCE ORIGINAL POST

13. Our furnace broke. The camper was brand new when we bought it in September 2013. We've only used it 7 weekends. After a bit of hassle, we got the tech out here today. There was a Defective Fan Relay on the Control Board on the furnace. Would have been a $200 part plus labor, thank god for warrantees. The AC worked, the fan worked, but when you tried to turn on the heat, the thermostat would make a faint click and the fan and heat wouldn't turn on. We had some cold 40° mornings up here in New England.

14. The bottom half of the rear window in our master bedroom fell out. Yes, it fell out! It was hanging on by 1 screw in the corner. They have to replace the whole window because of it and it will get fixed when it goes in next month.

15. Our main push out it out of alignment and there is a huge gap underneath it where it is supposed to lay flush on the floor. We noticed it today when the tech was out and looking at the issues with my fold out sofa (see #10 above). Another thing for them to repair when it goes in for work next month.

On a side note-and this made me VERY happy... Our hot water heater switches to electric so we don't use so much propane! When we did our walk through before leaving the dealer, we were told that we did not have that feature. Well, we were doing some exploring around the hot water heater when the furnace went out the other day, and in fact we DO have the electric option, it was just hidden under a safety sticker. It works far and away better than the propane did. I can get a full shower now without having to turn the water off and on and off an on.

Hope my updates have helped!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	5911   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	5912   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg