Thread: New Bunkhouse
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 12:43 AM   #29
rjh2196

Not to add too much more to your confusion I figured i would throw you my 2 cents. I previously had a 2012 Premier 31BHPR. I really liked the camper but had some major concerns with it since the day I bought it. I went with that one solely because of the weight and it was right on the edge of my tow vehicle capacity at the time. I had some major issues with the cable slide system and didn't care for it since day one. The other major issues I had was I always seemed to hit my head when I sat up in bed and I also would kick the entertainment center in the middle of the night. I am 5'11.
Recently I had my unit in at the dealer for service that was supposed to take an hour....after hour three I began to wonder the lot and came across a 2014 Laredo 303tg and really liked it. It had an 8 cubic foot fridge vs a 6 in the Premier. The bed was a full queen vs the short and the storage over teh bed was higher and in no way a danger to a headbutt! Other things were the slides were the jamb slides vs the cable slides and everything just felt like it had a more solid build quality. The weight is about 1000lbs heavier but that was not an issue for me since I had already upped my tow vehicle to a GMC DenaliHD Turbo Diesel Truck. I went with the travel trailer over a fifth wheel because we like to bring our golf cart and that goes in the bed during the pull...I have heard a lot of people end up with buyers remorse on toy haulers because eventually they don't like sleeping in a garage setting. Just what I have heard and in no way can give a personal opinion on that. The Laredo 303tg is a great trailer with the upgrades I was hoping for when I bought the Premier. It filled the little shortcomings I found after I bought it and I couldn't be happier that I made the switch to the Laredo. Again just my 2 cents worth and I hope you can find the right trailer for you!
rjh2196 is offline   Reply With Quote