View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 02:47 AM   #27
FullTimer

Thanks, yep I have lol, plus I'm almost finishing wiring in my FW heating pads. I got the wires ran, attached (except 12 volt feed) and the switches placed and tested yesterday, I used a battery charger for test power. I have closed the tank valve after cleaning, to help suspend the new stuff as well as give it a good flush. I'll probably dump it today, but I have already noticed it's taking much longer to fill it, compared to what it was like before. All that stuff must have been displacing alot of space. I got to thinking last night, Ridgid makes an item called a closet auger, for augering out toilets that might work good for this. Leave the tank full and feed the auger in past the toilet and "stir" the tank before dumping. It's hand cranked and can reach 3 feet or so from the end of it. It's a life saver when doing commercial or residential maintenance. By pulling up on the handle, it pulls the cable in tight on the lower end, then you feed it in and push the handle down to extend the cable. A tad more aggressive than water, but being hand cranked it might work. Something to think about for sure.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-3-...9787/100061898
FullTimer is offline   Reply With Quote