View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #23
FullTimer

Lol, thanks John. Yup, the leaky valve entered my mind also. The water seeps away and leaves the solids. I know the topic isn't pleasant, but hey, learning what not to do, is as important as what to do. I had the feeling the trailer sat for a long while before we bought it, and think whoever had it last, left a huge mess in there. I did get almost all of it cleaned out, just spraying and gouging at the mess with the hose as I went. Huge masses moving to the valve and then me shoving the hose to there and unstopping it. Then going back and doing it again.

I could tell at the end when it was clean, you could hear the spray hitting the plastic sides as I rotated the water spray 360 degrees. What really blew me away, was the mess sticking to the tank top, ughh.

Haha, I'm an X nurse and have watched a colonoscopy first hand, many decades ago, nothing pleasant about that either. For the viewer or the patient.

ETA, You know thinking back, it did have a leak at the plumbing grommet to the tank, on the tank side of the valve. I fixed it when I was doing the insulation, I'll bet $100 that's what caused this.
FullTimer is offline   Reply With Quote